Current projects include investigations of the biomechanical basis for neck injury, and the development of a computational and mechanical model of the neck for the evaluation of safety equipment. Other areas of ongoing research include:
- biomechanics and anthropometry of the pediatric head and cervical spine
- development of biofidelity and certification criteria for advanced Anthropomorphic Test Devices (ATDs, or crash test dummies).
- the viscoelastic modeling and injury characterization of soft tissue
- characterization of the mechanical stability of the spine following surgery
- determination of muscle volume and geometry for the cervical spine.